Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my last day of freedom - I've got one kid coming home from camp and another coming home from Grandma. It has been a great week of having some freedom, but I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. I miss my kids and yet when they are here I often plot for ways to send them to Grandma for a bit.

I've spent most of my week doing NADA, that was not the plan. I had a mile long list of things to do, places to see and people to meet. About .099% of any of that list got done. I have a paralysis of motivation and I've treated it with a lot of internet surfing and trips to The Container Store. If you are a bit OCD this is the place for you, they have a plan to organize the most organized person. Now I'm not actually an organized person per say, but I have OCD which is being stiffled by my husband and kids who are ALL the exact opposite. I've been out-numbered in a bad way. I try to keep it together around here, but it is beyond even me. I did find the exactly perfect containers for all of my recycling needs and for that little reason I am thrilled beyond belief. I want to be a responsible recycling citizen, but we don't have a pick up service because we live in a very out of the way sort of place - SO our recycling things would just pile around the kitchen and back porch and wait until someone would be willing to give them a ride to the recycling center. This happened about once every time the cardboard pile would fall over onto the couch in the keeping room, as in MAYBE once a month. We use our fair share and then some of plastic and cardboard and the ever lovin' aluminum diet Coke can. I was to the point of saying that it was not worth it, but I found these lovely perfectly rectangular tall bins with swinging tops and they line up just like a little row of obedient ducks. They are PERFECT and now I'm the recycling Queen. We will see what happens when they get full... ahem.

So I'm sitting here and I've accomplished virtually nothing around my house, but it is acceptable if you want to come over. The closets are another animal - perhaps I'll tend to that list when the kids go back to school - only 3 more weeks. That is insane because we just got out of school it seems. Summer just isn't what it used to be. I can't believe it's almost over!