Friday, January 8, 2010

He saw me NAKED!

What is your modesty level with your spouse? Ours goes in and out, depending on my mood, but there is one hard and fast rule that I have - DO NOT enter the bathroom with me, unless you are invited. Hunk has been a good little scout for the most part, he's very respectful - I mean I've only heard the man fart 3 times in 18 years, he's very gentlemanly(?), he opens doors, send flowers, etc. - plus our bathroom is big and it has lots of doors. While we live in a pretty small house - as comparison to the McMansions that we are surrounded by - we are blessed to have a nice sized home for our family. Our master bath has 5 doors in it - entry, toilet, a closet for each of us, and a linen closet. My dad comments about once a month that my bathroom has more doors than his entire house......anyway!! The point is that if I'm truly in the toilet, there is a buffer zone which means that if Hunk comes in the bathroom uninvited, he is still at least one layer away. The same goes for if I'm dressing since I typically get dressed inside my closet.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't want to be naked around my spouse. It's just that there is good naked and bad naked, and I like to keep the bad naked all to myself. Can you see where this is going????

A few days ago, I was in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower. Usually, I do my business very fast when it comes to showers, dressing, poop, etc. I don't hide in the bathroom for long periods of time, get in, get out, get on with my life. For some strange reason, I decided to linger in front of the mirror while waiting for the shower to warm up. I was doing the "younger boobs" trick - arms down my boobs are 38 years old, but if I put my arms up they are 28 again, completely over my head I am pushing 25. So I'm standing in front of the mirror, completely facsinated with my boobs, 38, 28, 25, 38, 25, 28, 38, 25 - and trying to decide exactly how it is that I will be able to walk around the beach on our next trip with my arms up all the time. Maybe if I get a basket of bananas to carry on my head......that's another post.

Of course, this is when the door to the bathroom opens, one arm above my head and the other arm down, looking like a monkey - and ogling my boobs. WTF!? Granted, seeing boobs in any form is a happy place for a man, apparently it was a really good day because Hunk got to see a 25 year old boob - even if it was right next to my other one, which was still 38!