Monday, November 10, 2008

Weird

So I walk in my house late at night, it's dark. I come in the back door and make my way down the dark hallway. Then I pass the front foyer where there is a decorative table. I hear a thud, the cat jumped off the table to the floor and began to follow me. This strikes me as a bit odd, because the cat doesn't usually get on that table......oh well, whatever. I'm making my way to the kitchen with the pitter of little feet quickly following me. Still dark, I make my way to the sink and hit the light before I begin to wash my hands. The cat is underneath me, swirling between my feet, pushing on my leg. A normal kitty cat greeting. Only I feel something strange against my leg - I'm wearing capris so my skin is exposed and as the soft fur brushes across I feel something...nubby...?

I glanced down to see who was under my feet, Emmie or Ashley, and what is wrong with them that they would feel nubby? This is when to my utter surprise I look down and see a cat, not Emmie, not Ashley. A CAT THAT IS NOT MINE!.......IN MY HOUSE!!!!......WTF? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Under my feet, purring like a contented lion is a black and white cat with a bobtail. Again, NOT MY CAT!! IN MY HOUSE!!

I screeched a little at the shock and he hopped away. The cat swayed over to the cat bowl and began feasting on the catfood, he stopped, looked up and then took a drink. He then proceeded to sit at my feet and gaze upon me as if we had known each other since childhood. Blink. Blink.

WTF?

I have been away from the house for most of the day, before I left I loaded some things from our garage into my car, apparently this rogue cat sneaked into the garage and from there he was able to enter the cat door to the basement. Having hours to look around the basement he then found the cat door at the top of the stairs and entered the main floor of our home. He must've spent hours poking around because he was clearly well versed on the territory of our home, found a nice perch and was lounging around by the time I got there. He knew exactly where the food was and he was quite comfortable.

And my cat? My fierce tomcat who was supposed to be guarding my home while I'm away??? Is huddled in my bathtub, scared for his life. And there he has remained for the past 2 days. I suppose his territory has been infiltrated, but he sure let it happen.

So, I scooped up this black and white intruder and promptly tossed him out the front door. He clearly eats somewhere else as he has quite a hefty frame, but I have no idea whose cat he is. I suppose he thought if he acted all cool and nonchalant that perhaps, just maybe, we wouldn't notice that he was there. Uhhhhm, NO, Mr. Kittywhoeveryouare.....we noticed, and you can't move in.

I feel so violated.