Monday, January 5, 2009

Remote

So my hard drive is toast. Yes. My wonderful, pocket protected, horn-rimmed, live-in geek squad had made an image of my drive the day before we left for vacation.

Last nite, from Toronto, my nerd was able, from Toronto, to start up a Virtual Machine of my hard drive image. So, as I sat in front of his PC in our basement, he, from Toronto, moved my mouse, opened up shit and showed me how to access my stuff, from Toronto. It was as if he were right there, in my basement, hanging over my shoulder, moving my mouse.......except that there was no tongue in my ear. Which is a given if the man is behind me.

I'm not sure which is better, technology itself or having a geek that GETS IT.

Now, if only I could get some tongue......some things are just better in person.