Friday, January 9, 2009

Tom and Jerry

I believe that I have seen every episode ever made of Tom & Jerry. And I think, maybe, twice.

The doctor gave strict orders that I was to place no limits on the amount of time my child may plant herself on the couch in front of the TV for.two.weeks.

OMG - I think the child's brain is melting. We have 3 more days of this!!

In the past 2 hours I have received an order for strawberries, with powdered sugar.....but actually 3 more than I put on the plate because 10 is way better than 7 (?), a bowl of Trix cereal, an egg - cooked like the one we just saw on a commercial (!) that is all white around the edges and nice and smiley face yellow and round in the center (which I did completely wrong and had to start over), and oh, just one more egg exactly like the one you just made and had already cleaned up from, some chicken & garlic ravioli, Gatorade - but not this dark blue one you poured, the light blue because it feels much better on the throat, 5 more strawberries, and the big motorcycle ramp looking pillows that you keep in your closet......the ones that you say are for your back, because the patient's back is feeling like it needs a special pillow. Whew.....

Can you see why I am anxiously awaiting for this child to be able to go back to school. I'm so thankful that she is doing well after surgery, but I'm not cut out to be a hand maiden!!

She did say thank you, each and everytime and my 'commercial looking' eggs were super yummy......go figure.

Today we get to finish up all the work that we picked up from the school so she will be all caught up. I imagine this is a bit like homeschooling would be, well, minus the TV. I don't think I could do it!

***motorcycle ramp pillows = Liberator sex positioning pillows which we won from a radio contest. They are HUGE! And I must say, they do look like fun, whether you are a kid or an adult***